Banana Bread

I love bananas and I really love banana bread. When we don't go through all the bananas that we eat I love to make banana bread with them. You want to make sure tho that they are really brown because the best banana bread is when the bananas are really old and gooey. You can also put them in the freezer to help that. I love this recipe because it is made with whole wheat flour and no oil!! Sometimes i like to put a little applesauce in as well to make them extra moist. 


Here's what you'll need...
1/14 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of margarine, softened
2 large eggs
3-4 VERY ripe bananas
1/2 cup of buttermilk, or regular milk if you do not have it.
1 tsp of vanilla
2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour- you can use regular if you would like.
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of salt
1 cup of chopped nuts (optional)
1 cup of chocolate chips (optional)
1 cup of applesauce-extra moisture (optional)


High Altitude increase the flour to 2 3/4,1/4 extra buttermilk, heat oven to 375, add extra time about 10 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350- high altitude-375 

First mix in a blender your sugar and butter.


Then add in your eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Add your bananas last. Mix until combined and creamy. 


Stir in your flour, salt, and baking soda. 



Spray your pans!Pour batter into 8 inch loaves and bake for 1 hour, or 9 inch loves for 1 hour and 15 minutes. I addes mini chocolate chips to one of my larger loaf pans. Yummmm




I made mine in mini loaves and they only took about 40 minutes. 



Place on cooling rack, slice and enjoy. 

Comments